The new two-story 253,000 SF Elyria High School was designed to LEED standards constructed adjacent to the existing historic 1894 Washington Building. The project involved renovation of the Washington Building renovating it to accommodate high school education programs. Portions of the existing facility were demolished in phases as the new facility was constructed.
Site and landscape work associated with the new school included the abandonment of a nearby street. Site improvements include new parking lots and service drive to serve the new school, and expansion and renovation of the existing student parking lot. TBA assisted the architect with a conceptual design for a feature area with “traffic calming measures” on a public street that dissected the campus. TBA also coordinated demolition of the existing high school site improvements and utilities, and assisted with site improvements associated with renovation of the historic Washington Building.