25,000 SF renovation and re-purpose of the existing first floor of the former May Company department store (built circa 1908) near Public Square in downtown Cleveland for the Tri-C Hospitality Management Center. This 8-story structure is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
The new state-of-the art culinary facility is prominently located in a very visible downtown location where passers-by will be drawn to observe activities going on within the Hospitality Management Center. Multiple colorful video flat-screens display meal menus, class demonstrations, welcome messages and street-front advertising of the facility.
Design features included an internal 1,900 SF classroom built within the existing 18’ space. TBA also designed an overhead platform above the demonstration kitchen that supports an overhead rear projector and kitchen hood equipment. The platform also supports a rear projection screen for culinary demonstrations.
The scope of services for the $6,000,000 renovation included: concrete overlay of the existing first floor, new vestibule at main entrance, a new custom structural ceiling over the beverage lab, and a self-consolidating concrete column wrap to encase the existing circa 1908 columns.